RedBite Solutions is a fast growing high-tech software development organisation, based in Cambridge, that has been solving the world’s most challenging asset tracking problems for over a decade.
Working with a range of SME and global organisations, their international client list boasts companies such as the United Nations, Sony and Rolls-Royce. Alongside vast growth plans, they also have huge ambitions to be able to identify and enable product intelligence for every single object worldwide.
With an impressive background as the original architects of the EPC Network at the University of Cambridge, the founders then moved into standardisation, implementation and consulting resulting in the birth of RedBite Solutions. Since 1999, their software solutions have been deployed in 60+ countries globally which has resulted in investment for significant growth from a large corporate organisation.
To help fulfil these ambitious growth plans, RedBite is looking for a passionate and motivated developer to join its friendly and determined team.
This is a unique opportunity to join RedBite’s growing development team. You’ll gain exposure to and have the potential to influence high level project decision making and architecture design decisions. You’ll work on exciting, cutting edge object tracking systems including the company’s newest SaaS product, itemit – the easy way to track and monitor any asset. itemit is growing rapidly and already boasts an impressive client list, including the likes of Anglian Water and the University of Cambridge.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will join the team and have the responsibility of managing product development. This includes overseeing development from technical architecture to design and implementation, testing and feedback. In addition to developing new features, you will also rewrite class components to hooks and work on improving existing pages. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with the development team to support our rapidly-growing customer base.
- joining a small yet experienced team in the software industry
- collaborating on large-scale projects
- pushing forward a modern, state-of-the-art application
- being actively involved in the development of multiple projects
- being supported by a team which is passionate about modern technology and processes
It is essential that you have the following:
We are looking for a developer to join our team and work on our itemit web platform. Your work will make a huge impact on hundreds of organisations using itemit around the world.The core skills we are looking for are:
- Rxjs (epics)
- Git Flow
- be an excellent communicator, especially internally between multiple stakeholders, including the product owner and software developers
- a desire to constantly learn new technologies and processes
- be independent with the desire to push themselves and the other members of the team forward
- be agile and adaptable to new responsibilities and projects
- a desire to manage and be responsible for driving development from concept, through design and development to release
It is desirable that you have the following:
- experience working in small, fast paced teams
- experience working with Firebase, including Firebase Storage and Firestore
- experience writing and maintaining a front-end test framework
- experience or knowledge of other mobile application technologies such as Objective-C, Swift and Kotlin
- an understanding of common frontend/backend architecture
- a good knowledge of consuming and potentially writing REST APIs
- a good understanding of the most popular, modern database technologies such as ElasticSearch and Neo4j
- experience working with the AWS ecosystem
- experience working in the IoT industry and/or with RFID
- experience writing multithreaded applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent.
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Training and development opportunities
- Progression options
- Given the ongoing COVID-19 circumstances, it is anticipated there will be a large amount of remote working for the foreseeable future