Software Test Engineer
RedBite Solutions is a fast growing high-tech software development organisation, based in Cambridge, that has been solving the world’s most challenging asset tracking problems for over a decade.
Working with a range of SME and global organisations, their international client list boasts companies such as the United Nations, Sony and Rolls-Royce. Alongside vast growth plans, they also have huge ambitions to be able to identify and enable product intelligence for every single object worldwide.
With an impressive background as the original architects of the EPC Network at the University of Cambridge, the founders then moved into standardisation, implementation and consulting resulting in the birth of RedBite Solutions. Since 1999, their software solutions have been deployed in 60+ countries globally which has resulted in investment for significant growth from a large corporate organisation.
To help fulfil these ambitious growth plans, RedBite is looking for a passionate and motivated developer to join its friendly and determined team.
This is a unique opportunity to join RedBite’s growing development team. You’ll gain exposure to and have the potential to influence high level project decision making and architecture design decisions. You’ll work on exciting, cutting edge object tracking systems including the company’s newest SaaS product, itemit – the easy way to track and monitor any asset. itemit is growing rapidly and already boasts an impressive client list.
We are looking for a software test engineer, to join our cross-discipline team. As a test engineer, you will also collaborate daily with our frontend and mobile developers. Your work will make a huge impact to hundreds of organisations using it around the world.
- Write automated test cases, predominantly using Cypress for web applications
- Perform manual testing for scenarios not covered by automated test cases
- Manage test case repository in Qase
- Schedule and oversee tests on Bitbucket and GitHub
- Potentially use Appium to write test cases for mobile devices in the future
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in writing automated test cases, ideally using Cypress
- Experience with manual software testing
- Experience using Qase, Bitbucket, and GitHub
- Good communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including software developers and product owners
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and processes
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Training and development opportunities
- Progression options
- Currently, this is a remote working role with occasional meet ups